From the whole personal development stuff I have to say that I like the most peak performance, meaning the ideas, strategies and habits that allow some of us to perform beyond the imagination.
As I am between the tasks and in the middle of the day I thought to share with you the best 17 everyday habits of highly productive people.
1. They make lists – the idea is to start making a daily list with what you have to accomplish and to track the progress of all elements from the list.
2. Take the most out of the down time – usually they spend the down time on actually learning something new related for example to online business, PR, marketing and others.
3. They analyse their mistakes and grow from there – unfortunately, not everywhere a failure is considered a stepping stone towards the success. When facing a challenge, overcoming fear or recovering from a so called failure, successful people focus on growth which follow the lack of success of their previous attempts. They evaluate what went wrong and think about how it can be made better next time.
4. They minimise technological distractions – e-mail, social media and their presence on mobile are by far the biggest distractions people can face on a daily basis and one of the reasons why we are performing under our potential. The most productive people check e-mail and social media 1-3 times per day in allocated and previously scheduled slots.
5. They don’t believe in perfection all the time – most of the time, perfection is the susbstitute for procrastination. The best moment to act is … now, no matter how unprepared you may feel or unexperienced or uneducated.
6. They put their best thoughts on paper – the best ideas can come anytime and anywhere so the most productive people have all the time ready a notepad or a gadget where they note any new idea and analyse it later.
7. They don’t tell everyone about each and every success they have – sometimes, the most productive people are also very discreet. Every large project is made of small pieces and small daily actions can get you closer to the big picture. Do things in silence and enjoy the results with anybody you want.
8. They remind about how limited is the time on Earth – there’s no point in lying ourselves that the life on Earth will be eternal. The best strategy is not to waste another day doing things you don’t like. Why regret later the things you don’t do for yourself today?
9. Everyone of them has an idea of what success means to them – you define what success means to you – it is not defined by society because two different people usually aim at different things and accomplishments.
10. They work harder than anyone else – the most productive people are not necessary the smartest ones or the most beautiful ones but they work harder and smarted than anyone else.
11. Envy is not on their list – they don’t focus on accomplishments or problems of others, they are too busy to grow themselves.
12. They don’t watch TV very often – you will hardly see somebody very successful spending a lot of time on TV. It can happen but rarely because peak performance and productivity are not related with the time spent watching TV.
13. For them, work is play – they don’t make the difference between work and play because they love what they do and can do it 24 hrs/ day even if they are not getting paid.
14. They report to themselves – at the end of each they, the most productive people report themselves only to them and only they can say if the day was productive or not.
15. They learn from the critics of others – successful people are not frightened by the criticism of others. They listen and use the feedback for growth.
16. They repeat the habits daily – they don’t beat themselves up if they don’t do something on a given day, but most of the time they repeat their own habits and that’s why they are becoming more and more productive
17. They visualise the end result – no matter how hard is the now, when envisioning the end result of your project you are driven to succeed and overcome any obstacles on the way. The most productive people focus only on the end result not on what they have to go through. That’s why … they are so productive.
Next, it’s my pleasure to give you free access to a visualization course presented by Lisa Nichols, the star from The Secret. Click here to get the free creative visualization training. Enjoy!