Being a social media business person I can’t overlook the trends in the industry and one of them is #selfie.
It’s an established habit now to take selfies. I have to admit I’n not a lot into this wave but I do it from time to time. Unfortunately, for some of us a selfie is the last thing to be done before a major strategy.
The website viralnova.com published a Top 10 of tragic selfies and here they are:
1. Reggaeton musician Jadiel – Jadiel took this final picture of himself moments before a motorcycle accident claimed his life.
2. Oscar Otero Aguilar – After a drunken night with friends Oscar posed with a gun and tried to take a selfie. The gun accidentally went off, killing him.
3. A Polish couple – A Polish couple vacationing in Portugal fell to their deaths while taking selfies at the cliffs of Cabo Da Roca pictured above.
4. Karen Hernández Karen was trying to take a selfie near the El Tunal river in Mexico. Instead she slipped and fell into the river, drowning.
5. Two women in Iran These two women crashed their car while trying to shoot a video of them singing. Luckily they survived the crash, and even took another selfie en route to the hospital.
6. A young man in Jaén, Spain Earlier this year a 21-year-old man in Jaén, Spain was electrocuted and killed after climbing onto the top of a train to take a selfie.
7. Gary Slok and his mother The two took this photo right before the takeoff of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, which was shot down with no survivors over eastern Ukraine.
8. Jenni Rivera Mexican pop star Jenni Rivera took this picture with her crew right before takeoff. Their private jet crashed and killed them all.
9. Collette Moreno and Ashley Theobald These two friends were headed to a bachelorette when this picture was taken. Not a minute later they were struck, and Collette was killed in a head on collision.
10. Courtney Sanford Courtney Sanford took this photo right before getting into a fatal car accident. She had been listening to Pharrel Williams’ song “Happy.”
11. Xenia Ignatyeva This 17-year-old Russian girl lost her balance taking a picture on a bridge. She fell on a cable and was fatally electrocuted
It is quite sad to see that a selfie can really lead to a tragedy. So think twice before any #selfie!